Join our mailing list

About

Coade stone was originally made in 1769 at the Coade factory in London, under the guidance of Eleanor Coade, who employed some of the finest artists of the day to produce objects and sculptures for houses, gardens and public spaces. But when the factory closed in 1840 the formula and techniques for making Coade stone were lost. After extensive research and experimentation, Steven Pettifer has rediscovered that formula, and now produces high quality Coade stone with a ceramic body that is extremely durable and resistant to weathering.

Figurative

Animalia

Relief Work

Decorative Objects

Urns