N220

Please note: This item has been sold

A good early 19th century Regency period chimneypiece, nicely proportioned and decorated with a slight Gothic revival design with simple reeded shelf, convex moulded frieze the pilaster shaped jambs fronted with slender Doric clustered columns with rounded socles and caps supporting the square blockings decorated with rounded paterae. The jambs sides edged with fluted mouldings as is the fire opening, the whole on footblocks.

Originally from Charlemont Place, a terrace of five very grand cut Portland stone houses. Designed by William Murray for Lord Charlemont in 1827, it is consider to be one of the finest Georgian terraces in Ireland. 

Height 51 in (129.5cm) width 67 in (170.2cm)
Internal height 40 in (101.6cm) width 41 1/2 in (105.4cm)